Monday, February 13, 2012

Storage Tank Stand and Pad

Found an hour in my day to:
1. Angle grind flush to the garage floor three half inch concrete anchors that had held my bench grinder stand.
2. Cut treated (`ACQ') 2"x4" lumber as feet for a DIY plywood water heater stand.
3. Cut a 2" thick (R10) Dow blue styrofoam pad on which to set the tank.
I've also found a nice plumber (Colin) from Pagco Construction to help out with code questions and potential crisis moments when I need a pro. He told me that there is no water heater stand requirement for electric hot water heaters in SF. Thank you Colin!

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful thing--a code-savvy plumber. We had to go through three inspections before our relocated gas water heater finally passed--complete with massive bollard planted in front of it. And not a bad list of accomplishments for a 1-hour burst of activity, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually really relying on a plumber friend for advice. Plumbing code is greek to me for the most part, but thanks for the vote of confidence!

    I still need to find out whether or not I need to elevate the solar storage tank even though it is just a water storage tank and whether or not I can `hang' my drainback tank from the wall of my garage. So many questions, so little time...

    ReplyDelete