Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Solar Roof Flashings

Yesterday I fitted up the flashings that I'll be using for the 3/4" supply pipes that go to and from the collectors.  As the pipes are quite close, the top flashing required some trimming with my yellow handled Wiss snips.  The cutout I made allowed for flush layup of the flashings.  My friend Ron at GRID Alternatives recommends that I seal these flashings with APOC 133 caulk as it's usually what they use on this type of roofing (aggregate on bitumen), over which I'll adhere a layer of bitumen.  Tomorrow I'll be going to Western Gravel and Roofing Supply to get tubes of this stuff.  Ron has agreed to come over to help racking the panels on August 26th.  There's some small chance that I'll make time to finish this project myself, but I'll probably wait for Ron as I haven't enough experience in racking panels, flashing, and finding roof joists under built up roof membranes.  More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment