Friday, January 13, 2012

SF Permits and Inspections

I spoke with `Steve' today in the division of Electrical and Plumbing at the SF Department of Building Inspection. He said that I need to come down to 1660 Mission Street, 3rd Floor

with plans for this system.   At this point I'll only need to show
them a sketch of where on the roof the panels are going to be placed.
Also, I need to calculate the total weight of the water-filled panels
with the rack and give some idea of the "bolt pattern" I plan to use.
When they determine that I am worthy and my plans aren't loco, they'l
issue me a Homeowner's Plumbing Permit.

At this point, I don't need to show the plumbing.  When they come to
inspect the system down the road, they will want to see how it is all
plumbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment