Saturday, March 31, 2012

Situating the Drainback Tank

I scrounged two hours today between car wash-like winter storms and a mexican themed dinner that I was co-cooking for to build a stand for the five gallon SunEarth drainback tank.
The stand will have to cope with 70-ish lbs. of water and copper, so I anchored it to the existing hot water heater stand, the wall studs and ceiling joists. It's not going anywhere. The tank itself is a bit strange to mount. It can be seen in the picture as the matte black painted object in the lower right quadrant. The insulated parts do not afford a good attachment point as it would compromise the insulation. The top and bottom tubes I believe offer the best place to clamp it in place, but it will require some burly angle aluminum that I had left over from a Burning Man project and 3/4" plumbing brackets to make it work. I'm not sure how other folks do this. Part of the `fun' of this project is guessing what's required. Is this all to code? I hope so...

No comments:

Post a Comment