Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drainback Tank Mounted




I have mounted the drainback tank although in these pics I had yet to tighten the #6 bolts that hold the 3/4" pipe straps to the aluminum angle brackets that I fashioned. I put a couple lengths of bicycle inner tube between the aluminum angle and the copper 3/4" pipe to prevent galvanic corrosion. Tightened down, the framing, hardware and tank feel pretty solid!

This project is a lot of guesswork. The outlets of the drainback tank hopefully will be situated well for hooking up to the solar storage tank. Running copper from the collector return line to the drainback tank will hopefully avoid the spaghetti of ductwork while maintaining the required slope to achieve effective drainback. Sigh... I do not remember any of the PV systems that I've helped install over the years being this complex.

Next I'll be sweating a ball valve to the collector return line, near the ceiling joists of the garage then connecting the drainback tank inlet to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment